Declaration regarding the information obligation
By using our services and obtaining consent in the sense of this statement, you acknowledge that you have reached the age of 16 and are able to give your consent, or that your guardian or administrator already has effective consent.
What is personal data?
The concept of personal data is defined in the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
Personal data are individual details about personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person. These include in particular:
- your master data (last name, first name, address, e-mail address, telephone and fax number, date of birth) as well as language and license plate number,
- the data in travel documents (passport number, passport data, date of birth, issuing authority, duration, nationality) and identity documents (identity card, driver's license etc. together with issuing authority and term),
- payment and payment data, in particular debit cards, credit cards and bank cards,
- the length of stay you request, the terms and conditions associated with your stay, special services, health information, personal preferences that you give us, and
- special categories of data, such as health data, special needs data and marriage / partnership.
Why does DER STEIRERHOF collect personal data?
HOTEL DER STEIRERHOF collects and uses your personal data to provide you with exemplary customer service, to enable convenient access to our website and to provide an optimal range of services. In addition, your personal data help us to keep you updated about the latest products and other developments.
Collection, processing and use of personal data
(1) Personal data are collected by us in the scope of your enquiries, enquiries submitted via a form and enquiries about further offers, reservations, bookings, online bookings, service bookings and voucher bookings.
(2) During your stay there are a number of situations in which you voluntarily disclose your personal requests and preferences to us (directly or through a questionnaire). HOTEL DER STEIRERHOF collects such data in order to ensure you have a pleasant stay and to able to provide you with an enhanced service in the future.
(3) The data are processed on the legal basis of the following:
- fulfilment of our pre-contractual and contractual obligations towards you,
- consent obtained from you,
- statutory, contractual or other legal obligations that we are subject to (documentation rights and obligations in relation to accounting, taxation and customs law, contracts, reporting and legal disputes) and
- our legitimate interests (improvement of our customer service, including direct marketing, and our own legal interests). (4) We solely use personal data that you have provided to us for the purpose for which they were provided.
(5) Your data will only be processed and used for advertising purposes with your consent or if permission is granted by law.
(6) The duration of the storage is based on the duration of our business relationship and consent granted by you, as well as any statutory data retention obligations and legal obligations applicable to us.
(7) In the case of job applications, we will collect, process and use your data solely for the purpose of the job application and delete your data no later than six months after receipt, unless you have permitted us to use your application for future job offers.
Contact with us
When you contact us on the website using a form or by email, the data you provide will be stored with us for the purpose of processing the enquiry and for the event of any follow-up questions. We do not pass these data on to third parties without your consent.
Data transfer to third parties
(1) Your data will not be transferred to third parties unless we are required by law to do so, unless the data are transferred to fulfil our contractual obligations, or unless the data are transferred for the purpose of performing a service requested by you for which third parties need to be engaged.
(2) You may make an online booking via our website. We use the Oracle service for that purpose (https://fideliosuite8webconnect.com/AT-Hotel-Spa-Steirerhof-Bad-Waltersdorf/Inquiry.aspx). The data you enter will be transferred to our Suite8 property management system for reservation and guest management and will be processed and used there. As a rule, all data entered by you will be transferred in an encrypted form.
(3) In the scope of operating our website and for the purpose of sending our newsletter, we engage processors (web service providers and agencies), which may gain access to your personal data in the course of their activities. They have concluded an agreement with us to comply with the applicable provisions under data protection law.
Our website uses so-called cookies. These are small text files which are stored on your end device with the help of your browser. They do not cause any damage.
To prevent that, you may adjust your browser settings so that you are informed about cookies being set and may allow them on a case-by-case basis only. The deactivation of cookies may limit the functionality of our website.
How can cookies be deactivated, deleted or blocked? This website that you are visiting enables the various cookies to be checked/unchecked as described below. Please note, however, that if they are deactivated, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
Open the Firefox browser.
Press the ‘Alt’ button on your keyboard.
Click the ‘Menu’ button and then choose ‘Options’ in your toolbar.
Select the ‘Privacy & Security’ panel and go to the ‘History’ section.
In the drop-down menu next to ‘Firefox will’, choose ‘Use custom settings for history’.
Uncheck ‘Accept cookies from websites’ and store your settings.
Open Internet Explorer.
Click on the ‘Tools’ button, and then select ‘Internet options’.
Select the ‘Privacy’ tab.
Under ‘Cookies’ you can deactivate cookies and store your settings.
Open Google Chrome.
Click on ‘Advanced’.
Under ‘Privacy and security’ click on ‘Content settings’.
Under ‘Cookies’ you can deactivate cookies and store your settings.
Select ‘Settings’ in the toolbar (grey gear icon in the upper right corner) and click on ‘Privacy’.
Under ‘Allow cookies’ you can specify whether and when Safari should allow cookies from websites. For more information, click on Help (?).
To learn more about cookies that are stored on your computer, click on ‘Display cookies’.
We also use the content of third parties on our website to make our online presence as informative and convenient for you as possible. Such services include Google Maps and YouTube. Those third-party providers obtain your IP address for technical reasons. We have no influence on the use of such data by third-party providers. Please see the privacy policies of the respective providers.
Our website uses the features of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. In addition, cookies are used which allow us to analyse the use of the website by your users. The information generated through this will be transmitted to the provider's server and stored there.
You can prevent this by setting your browser so that no cookies are stored.
We have activated the IP anonymisation function on this website. As a result, your IP address will be truncated by Google within the Member States of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before being transferred to the USA. The full IP address is only transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there in exceptional cases. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use that information to analyse your use of the website, to compile reports about activity on the website and to provide the operator of the website with further services related to use of the website and internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the scope of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data held by Google.
- https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html and
You may refuse to store cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software; however, we would point out that, in this case, you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. In addition, you can prevent Google from collecting and processing data generated by the cookie about your usage of the website (incl. your IP address), using the following link and downloading the available browser plugin and installing it: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Demographic characteristics with Google Analytics
This website uses the feature "demographic characteristics by" Google Analytics. This allows reports to be compiled which contain statements on age, gender and interests of the page visitors. These data come from interest-based advertising by Google as well as from visitor data from third-party suppliers. These data cannot be associated with any specific person. You can turn off this feature at any time in the advertising settings in your Google account or generally prohibit the collection of your data by Google Analytics as set out in the section "Objection against data collection".
Integration of social media plug-ins
Social media plug-ins may be integrated with some pages on www.dersteirerhof.at (e.g. ‘like’ or ‘share’ buttons). Social media are services such as Facebook, YouTube, Google+ and Twitter. When you visit a page on www.dersteirerhof.at that has such a plug-in, a connection will be established with that social media provider by your browser. The content of the plug-in (the button) is then made available by the server of the social media provider. As a rule, such servers can therefore track visits to this website (including by using cookies that were created during your visits to those social media).
If you click on the plug-in while you are signed into your account with a social media provider, data may be sent by your browser to that social media provider and linked with your user account there. Please see the privacy policies of the respective social media providers to find out which data are sent and how those data are handled. You can also learn there about options to adjust your settings to protect your privacy. If you are not signed in, you will usually be asked to sign in or to register and create a user account.
If you wish to prevent social media from collecting data about you, you may sign out of your account there first and delete any cookies of that provider. If you do not have a user account with a social media provider, no data will be transferred.
You have the option to subscribe to our newsletter through our website. For this we will need your email address, first name, surname and your declaration of consent for receiving the newsletter.
In order to provide you with targeted information, we also collect and process information provided voluntarily with regard to fields of interests, address, date of birth and additional fields if applicable.
As soon as you have completed subscription to the newsletter, we will send you a confirmation email with a link for confirming the subscription. You can cancel the subscription to the newsletter at any time, please fill out the following form to this end: Unsubscribe to newsletter
We will immediately delete your data related to the newsletter subscription.
Contents of the website
The content of our website has been carefully prepared and checked several times, but we assume no liability for the topicality, correctness and completeness of the information provided. Claims for damages for the use or non-use of the information or for the use of incorrect or incomplete information are excluded. All offers are non-binding. We reserve the right to change, supplement or delete the offer or parts thereof without prior notice or to cease publication of the website temporarily or permanently. The content and programming of our website are protected by copyright and ancillary copyright. Any duplication - also in extracts - and public reproduction, especially the copying of texts, graphics and photos, is prohibited without our prior written consent.
‘Remarketing’ or the ‘similar audiences’ function of Google Inc.
We incorporate maps from the “Google Maps” service, provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Details processed include user IP addresses and location details, however these are not compiled without consent (generally as part of the settings in your mobile device). The data can be processed in the USA. Data protection statement: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, Opt-Out: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
Our website uses plug-ins from the Google-owned site YouTube. The operator of the site is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When you visit a page of this website that is equipped with a YouTube plug-in, a connection to YouTube’s servers is created, which will inform the YouTube server which of our web pages you have visited. If you are logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube will be able to update your personal profile with details of your surfing behaviour. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account. For more information on the handling of user data, see YouTube’s data protection declaration at https://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You have the principal rights for disclosure, correction, deletion, restriction, data portability, withdrawal and objection. If you think that the processing of your data is in breach of the data protection law or that your data protection rights have otherwise been violated, you can file a complaint with the regulating authority. In Austria, this is the Data Protection Authority.
You can reach us on the following contact details:
Hotel & Spa
DER STEIRERHOF BAD WALTERSDORF
A-8271 Bad Waltersdorf
Telefon: +43 3333 32110